Summary: Laws prohibiting smoking in vehicles carrying children have been adopted in the U.S. states of California, Arkansas and Louisiana, the U.S. municipalities of Bangor (Maine), Keyport (New Jersey), and Rockland County (New York), as well as Puerto Rico and the Australian state of South Australia. Bills are currently before several U.S. state legislatures, the South African Parliament and the Parliament of the Australian state of Tasmania. The Government of the Australian Capital Territory is also considering bringing forward such legislation.
- Laws Banning Smoking in Vehicles Carrying Children – International Overview (PDF)
- Legislative excerpts (PDF)
- Ontario Must Protect Children from Smoke in Cars as New School Year Begins
- Smoke-Free Cars With Childern – Powerpoint presentation to Committee of Council, Town of Wolfville, Feb. 5th, 2007 (PDF version)
- Contact information for Wolfville Town Council (PDF)